Once, when I was seven, I fell while playing with friends and dislocated my left elbow. My mother whisked me off to a sinseh, a traditional Chinese physician who yanked my swollen limb hither and thither until we all heard a loud crack, and I could move my arm again.
My left arm was healed. Or so we thought. Over the weeks that followed the swelling subsided, but then my mother noticed that I couldn’t straighten my left arm fully. Also, the elbow joint stuck out at a slightly unnatural angle, and that arm was considerably weaker than before.
You can’t fool a Cantonese mother. (Especially not when she’s the one you inherited your gifts from.) Ignoring my protests, she took me to another sinseh – an old man with a long white beard, who took one look at my poor left arm and said:
“It’s still out of joint, but I can reset it.”
He instructed me to bend my left arm. Then he took out a long strip of coarse, off-white linen, draped it over the crook of my arm, and pulled.
POP! Suddenly the agony ceased; a deep wave of relief overtook me. The niggling numbness and discomfort that had dogged my left arm – and that I’d grown to ignore, until my mother stepped in – was gone, completely.
The sinseh placed a poultice of aromatic herbs around my newly reset elbow joint, then wrapped it with a long strip of yellowed linen.
“I’ll change the herbs and bandages in a fortnight, then in a fortnight after that, and you’ll be healed in six weeks,” he said gravely. “You’re a lucky little girl. If you’d waited a day or two longer, your elbow would have set – at the wrong angle. I would’ve had to dislocate your elbow again just to heal it.”
* * *
Darren clearly had trust issues. At least, they were as clear as the vision I saw.
As a clairvoyant, one of my strongest Spiritual senses is sight. When I tune in to a client, I “see” information about that person that Spirit deems appropriate for me to know in order to help.
The vision I had of Darren was a puppy, its right hind leg broken and curled towards its body in a defensive posture. The puppy stood forlornly in the middle of a flowing stream, injured, alone, and uncertain of where to go. The puppy represented Darren’s emotional state: trapped in the flow of changes around him, afraid and unable to move forward because of deep emotional wounds. Usually, such visions indicate a need to identify the source of the hurt, to release forgiveness and commit to a period of inner healing.
Darren nodded when I explained the vision to him. “Sounds like me. I grew up in a broken household – my dad used to get drunk and hit my mum. Finally he walked out and never came back. I don’t trust people easily. But it’s not always my fault. My ex-girlfriend really pushed my buttons. When I found out she was cheating on me, I confronted her and she dumped me just like that. It happened last year.”
– I’m sorry to hear that. How did you find out?
“I hacked into her mobile phone from my laptop.”
– (Sigh.) Darren, a lot of healing needs to be done here. Besides Spiritual assistance, I’d like you to consider energy healing and some counselling.
Darren nodded. “I’ll consider it… eventually. But for now I’d like to ask about this girl I’ve just met.” For a moment, his eyes lit up. “I want to know if Melissa’s the one for me.”
The cards he picked were: Ten of Swords, Six of Pentacles, The Wheel of Fortune, and The World.
– Darren, this looks like a relationship with some karmic elements in it. It appears that that you and your partner have known each other from past lives. You’ve arranged to meet again in this life to iron out karmic kinks and grow with each other. The Six of Pentacles shows me that your relationship with Melissa, both then and now, gave you great happiness. The Wheel of Fortune indicates that this time, it could go either way; it’s usually a more optimistic card, but the Ten of Swords – I call this the “crash and burn” card – indicates that a lot of inner work needs to be done for this relationship to work. Either way, The World is here to reassure you that what’s meant to happen will happen, so long as you’re willing to take responsibility for your inner healing, and co-create your destiny with the Universe for your highest and greatest good.
Darren looked disturbed.
– What’s wrong?
“She’s so beautiful. Will she cheat on me, too?”
– Wait, you’re a couple already?
“Not yet, but we’ve been dating for a couple of months now.”
– Darren, you need to CHILL. And work on healing those trust issues before they hurt a perfectly good, soon-to-be relationship with Melissa.
“Is she cheating on me?”
– She’s not even your girlfriend yet. Darren, calm down. She obviously likes you, everything is going in your favour, but you have crashed and burned emotionally and you must heal, for your sake and hers. Only you can make that decision to go for counselling and energy healing. Please consider it.
* * *
Two weeks later, Hashim – the client who recommended Darren to me – called.
“Kelly, I trust you and I know you wouldn’t say anything to sabotage your clients’ wellbeing. And knowing Darren as I do, I’m pretty sure it’s self-sabotage.
“Darren had a huge public fight with Melissa last week. He accused her of cheating on him with a random stranger she said hi to. He cut her out of his life, and he’s been drinking himself blind since.”
* * *
Healing is never a straight or simple path. And many times, our loved ones are the ones who uncover our unhealed vulnerabilities.
Darren’s deep wounds, stemming from his abusive childhood and recently ended relationship, had left him emotionally broken and spiritually disjointed. Until he takes those steps towards healing, his pain will follow him and influence every decision he makes, sabotaging his chances at happiness.
But the Universe is kind. And in Her own way, the Universe will continue to send opportunities to expose Darren’s areas of wounding and weakness – in order to heal.
Darren can choose to hide behind alcohol, like his father. He can continue to project his fears on other people, such as Melissa, then cut them off – and in a sense, cut himself off from a chance at happiness.
Or Darren can choose to be brave and work on himself. Take responsibility for his blind spots and injuries. Seek help, healing and assistance from Spirit and from other people.
Darren’s destiny is his to decide. Right now, Darren is in a dark place. But that doesn’t mean his story is over – far from it.
I’m sharing this story to remind us all that THIS IS LIFE. I’m a lightworker and this is a spiritual website, but let’s not ignore the fact that pain and darkness also co-exist alongside love and light. It’s not always rainbows and unicorns.
Sometimes, with a long-standing injury, one must break and re-break in order to begin healing.
If this is your situation – you’re stuck in a holding pattern of dysfunction in any aspect of your life – I want you to understand that your story isn’t over yet. The Universe is watching, waiting for you to arise and co-create your life with Her. And Spirit is cheering you on, ever ready to assist you once you ask.
May the love and light of Spirit guide your path as you break out of that pattern, towards the bright and happy future that you desire.
* * * * *
Seeking assistance from Spirit for love/career/your future, energy healing for people and spaces, or pet communication?
Or e-mail: [email protected]
The stories on this website (including the above recounts) are based on Kelly’s experiences as a lightworker. Some details have been changed to protect the identities of the individuals involved.